About Me

My photo
Snapshots of our life, not always exciting, but filled with lots of Duff!

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Less Duff'

Part pride, part health, and part vanity; either way I did the work: 60 pounds in 6 months. Hold the applause, because 20 of that wasn't healthy, and I felt it. I've retrieved 15 of those pounds in the last month (cue applause). Another 5-10 lbs of cushion (pun intended) would be ideal. 



Running, and biking are not friendly to my back. Hiking is perfect for me. Thankfully I have a buddy who likes to hike, so I had to get off my ass. However; that first summer I went on a couple hikes, and my back ached and my legs burned. 

Finally I started the 45 day plank routine. It didn't require a lot of time, would work my core with low-impact, so why not? 30 seconds PUH-LEEZE! I wasn't laughing after a couple weeks, but I had gotten into a routine, and wanted to keep going.

Once I was in a routine of "exercising" it took care of itself. Literally 4-5 times a week for 30-45 minutes is all I invested. Simple exercises (sit ups, push ups, curls, lots of stretching). 

I haven't been perfect and sometimes take a week off. It's easy getting back into it though as the difference in my back strength, and comfort is noticeable. I still have a ways to go to feel "healthy," but physically I'm feeling better and better. 









No comments:

Post a Comment