About Me

My photo
Snapshots of our life, not always exciting, but filled with lots of Duff!

Monday, September 28, 2009

Moose Camp







(Ducks flying over the lake)




(Craig)










(Dave and Craig leaving camp)





(Dave spotting from the ridge at sunset)



This was my first moose hunting trip, and with the exception of not getting a moose, it was absolutely amazing. I spent four days with my brother-in-laws, Dave and Craig, in the some of the most beautiful country I have ever seen. My father-in-law Layne dropped us off with his airboat. Dave brought his Crawdad for us to navigate around the lake. We had a premium viewing area as we set up camp on a raised peninsula on the lake. From camp we could survey nearly 360 degrees of moose country. We spotted 6 bulls over the weekend, but none that were legal for harvesting. The weather was amazing, but unfortunately that was not a good thing for hunting moose. It was still an amazing experience and a great time with my Bro-in-laws!

No comments:

Post a Comment